Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ahh the old days...


(This blog is dedicated to Mez and jules-Thanks for introducing me to music and exploding my ear drums. =] )

Lastnight I was listening to "Spanish" by Craig David with a friend, then we went to "i think the rain is calling murder" by Nelly.and from there we stepped back in musical time about 8-10 years..

Now I wouldn't ever classify myself as an RnB fan,but i miss the RnB of my younger years..Like Nelly(the band-aid dude not the annoying man eater) and Craig David and the old usher,and Jojo and Stacie Orrico,112,Jennifer Lopez(before the Ben affleck year),TLC,Destiny's child,oh and brandy,and ashanti!!! Oh my god i could go on forever!

These are the songs that my best friends sister used to put on in the car and blast so loud when we'd go driving with the windows down and our D12 hats on. (stop laughing!)

I don't know if its just me but that type of music..today it all sounds the same..
So today in this miserable, stormy, dull weather,up with my portable cd player (yes i still have a working one!), all my old mixed cd's and hot coffee-i made a list-of all the songs that came on and i went "omg i miss this!" and the ones that came on and i could close my eyes and i was back with my bestie in that little red car called 'Micheal', with our baggy jumpers, D12 Hat and sparkly denim jeans with hot pink stitching! (we were awesome!)

So here's the "i miss the past" playlist-

Spanish-Craig David; 2003
peaches & cream-112; 2001
baby-Ashanti; 2002
If you had my love-Jennifer Lopez; 1999
cry me a river-Justin timberlake; 2002
(theres gotta be..)more to life-Stacie Orrico; 2003
I want it that way-backstreet boys; 1999
the boy is mine-brandy and Monica; 1998
what about us-brandy; 2002
angel-shaggy; 2000
Jumpin' Jumpin'-Destiny's child; 2000
hit 'em up style-blu cantrell; 2001
AM to PM-Christina Millian; 2001
Shackles-Mary,Mary; 2000
Day and night-Billie piper; 2000
ride with me-Nelly; 2001
ignition-R.Kelly; 2002
I need a girl-puff daddy; 2002
'03 bonnie and Clyde- jay-z feat. beyonce; 2002
dont mess with my man-nivea; 2002
Baby boy-beyonce; 2003
Fuck it(i don't want you back)-eamon; 2003
lets get married-jagged edge; 2000
family affair-Mary.j.blige; 2001
always on time-ja rule; 2001
All for you- Janet Jackson; 2001
let me love you-Mario; 2004
U-turn-Usher; 2002
have you ever-brandy; 1998
roller coaster-B*Witched; 1998


She used to play heaps more but i don't have them all on CD'S and cant remember them,but as i said they just don't make music like this anymore...=[
ahh the good old days....*siigh*
enjoy the playlist.

Love.x.

No comments:

Post a Comment